The policy below details the data protection and cookies policy of Cloudy Bay Vineyards Ltd (the “Company”) with regard to personal information provided on the website () (the “Site”).This policy has been prepared in accordance with the Company’s obligations and your rights set out in the Privacy Act 1993.
The Company respects your concerns regarding the confidentiality of personal information and data provided by you. By using the Site ,you consent to the Company’s use, analysis and, where applicable, disclosure of such information under the terms and conditions outlined below.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The Company may collect personal information you provide to the Company which may include your last and first name, e-mail address, contact phone number and age). The Company may also keep a record of any information you acquire from the Company.
2. RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT AND DELETE DATA AND TO OBJECT TO DATA PROCESSING
You are entitled to access, correct and delete your personal information, and to object to the processing of such information. You may exercise this right, at any time, by writing to the following address: P.O. Box 376, Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
The Company will provide you with a copy of the personal information it keeps about you. If you request that the personal information be corrected, and the Company agrees that the personal information should be corrected, the Company will provide you with an amended record of your personal information.
3. MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 Purpose of collection
The Company collects your personal information via the Site only for the following purposes:
- sending information about the Company and its activities and, with your consent, advertising or business prospecting messages,
- statistics, studies and analysis, marketing, improvement of the Site, products and services of the Company,
- booking of visits,
- replying to your queries,
- for any specific purpose which the Company notifies you at the time your personal information is collected, and
- for the Company’s administrative purposes.
Mandatory information must be entered in the information fields marked with an asterisk in the data collection forms. If these fields are not completed, we are unable to address your query or to provide the services requested.
3.2 Retention of personal information
Your personal information may be stored electronically and in paper based form. The personal information is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security. It is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and is, in any event, destroyed at the end of a six (6) month period except for the cases outlined below where personal information will be destroyed:
- 1 month after you unsubscribe from our newsletters and/or press releases,
- 1 year from your visit booking date.
Any personal information we collect from you may be stored and processed in, and transferred between, any of the countries in which the Company and its affiliates operates to enable the use of the information in accordance with this policy.
3.3 Personal information recipients
The Company is the recipient of your personal information. The Company may communicate your personal information to third parties onlyif:
- you have given your prior consent to such communication to a third party, and/or,
- the Company has to share such information with third parties in order to provide the products or service you have requested, and/or,
- the Company is required to do so by law, or in the course of legal proceedings, prospective legal proceedings or other investigations, by a judicial authority or any other administrative authority , and/or,
- if the Company determines that the disclosure is necessary in connection with a complaint regarding your use of the Company’s information, products and services or the Site.
Where the Company discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the Company will ensure that the agent or sub-contractor in question is required to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
In the event that the Company or the Site is sold or otherwise transferred to another party, the Company reserves the right, to the extent permitted by law, to transfer your personal (and non-personal) information to the relevant transferee.
For the purposes (i) of the technical management of the storage of your personal data and (ii) of managing the treatment activities, your data will be stored on a centralized basis on servers hosted by our hosting provider from time to time.
3.4 Security and privacy
The Company makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal information, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
However, the Company does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet.
You can disable Cookies in your web browser. However, this may disable all cookies used by your browser, including those from other websites, which may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost. Disabling cookies may change your browsing experience on the Site, or may make navigating around the Site more difficult.
We may utilize third party companies in an effort to deliver you tailored content and advertising to that matches your interests when you visit our website as well as other websites. You may opt-out of the use of anonymous information for tailored advertising purposes. To learn more or to choose to opt out of receiving this personalized content, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here. If you delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
You can disable cookies in your web browser as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and above:
- Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options".
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- Use the cursor to select the level you require.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5:
- Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options".
- Click on the "Security" tab.
- Select "Internet", then click on "Custom Level".
- Under "cookies", select the option you want.
Netscape 6.x and 7.x:
- Click the "Edit" menu, then "Preferences".
- Privacy and security.
- 3. Cookies.
- Go to "Tools", then "Options".
- Click on the "Privacy" setting.
Safari 3.x for Mac OS X:
- Click the "Edit" menu.
- Click the "Preferences" option.
- Click the "Security" option.
- Click "Display cookies".
5. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
The Company may make changes to this policy at any time and for any reason. The Company will ensure that you are informed of such changes, either via a special message on the Site, or via a customized notice, for example when the Company sends newsletters.
6. PROTECTION OF PERSONS UNDER LEGAL ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AND PURCHASING AGE
As the access to the Site is governed by the Terms & Conditions , the Company does not collect any data or information concerning persons who are under legal alcohol consumption and/or purchasing age in their country of residence.
If you have any queries about this policy or any personal information that we have collected please contact:
Privacy Contact Person: Cloudy Bay Vineyards Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: P.O. Box 376, Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand